First I’d like to say that I’m new to Gradle and I use it in an Android project, within Android Studio (0.2.7 at this moment).
Moreover I couldn’t reproduce the problem after fixing it which may indicate that there were other things going on under.
And last but not least, I’d like to apologize to Luke Daley for my harsh tweet. I had been struggling with this awkward behaviour for more than hour and when I thought I found the solution I couldn’t believe it was a Convention over Configuration (CoC) problem.
Today I’ve stumbled across a weird behaviour from Gradle. It just couldn’t create a task of a certain type.
And here was the incriminated task :
No matter what I did to the code Gradle seemed to be reluctant to correctly do its work.
As a last resort I decided to change the class name from TestFlightUploadTaskto FlightUploadTask - don’t ask me why though, just an intuition - and … magically it solved the problem, hence my rant about Convention over configuration going a bit too far.
As I said earlier, unfortunately I couldn’t reproduce the problem, but trust me I’ll try to do it. I’ll update this post.